June 05, 2019
What is a cost effective way for boutique hotels to secure their car parks?
Access control system specialist Nortech has recently seen a luxury boutique hotel in Bath update its car park by replacing its existing Nortech FeeMaster system with the latest specification.
Nortech’s FeeMaster range was installed by access control system experts APT Security Systems, which is currently updating its past applications of the FeeMaster system, so that staff can continue to monitor use of the hotel’s car park.
What are the benefits of using a qualified installation company?
APT Security Systems is the leading provider of vehicle access control and traffic management systems in the UK. Using its experience in designing and delivering practical and cost effective solutions, APT installed the updated system which includes the FeeMaster Smart Entry Station, FeeMaster Smart Exit Station, and a FeeMaster Smart Console for inside the building. The console allows the staff to control any misuse of the car park and ensures that there are enough parking spaces for its guests
Why Nortech’s Control?
Mary Lynskey, Operations Manager at APT Security Systems commented, “Nortech’s systems have been used on our projects for a number of years and as with this hotel we are currently updating the equipment at these sites to the latest versions. We have worked with Nortech for more than 20 years and are very pleased with its equipment.”
She continued, “The FeeMaster range has always worked well for the hotel and they were happy to renew the system as it’s the right fit for their business. The client likes how the products work and we will always recommend Nortech to others looking to upgrade their car parking systems.”
What are the main benefits of FeeMaster Smart Parking Management?
- Nortech’s FeeMaster Smart parking management system is a flexible, simple and cost-effective way of managing car parking access and controlling validity periods using Mifare smart cards. This avoids the need for expensive cabling between components and minimises disruption.
- The FeeMaster entry station is designed to be used to record the date and time that a vehicle enters a car park. Located at the entrance of the car park, it issues tickets to visitors as they arrive, with each ticket containing a barcode, serial number and the date and time. Dispensing the ticket triggers an ‘open’ signal to the entry barrier. The ticket is then taken to the hotel’s reception desk where the date and time is used in conjunction with the FeeMaster Smart Console.
- The FeeMaster Smart exit station prevents unauthorised vehicles leaving a car park or entering restricted areas. Located at the exit of the car park or the entrance to a restricted area, it validates the Mifare smart cards and exit tokens. The exit station is equipped with a barcode scanner to read exit tokens issued by the FeeMaster Smart console, as well as entry tickets issued at the entry station. Each ticket is valid for single use at the exit station during the validity period assigned to it. The exit station controller checks the details on the barcode ticket and sends an ‘open’ signal to the barrier.
- The FeeMaster Smart Console is a compact and easy-to-install device that reads barcode tickets issued at the entry station, calculates the fees based on pre-programmed tariff details, and encodes reusable Mifare access control cards with validity data. If necessary, the console can print customer receipts and/or barcode exit tokens. It can also control a till drawer and send a control signal to a vehicle barrier/turnstile.
- The console may also be connected to a PC so that transactions can be analysed and additional tariff management features may be used.
Who is Nortech?
Nortech has supplied products and solutions to the security industry for over 25 years as an independent British company. The company uses extensive experience and expertise to create new security products to fit their clients’ needs and designs everything with the customer in mind.
Further information is available from Nortech on 01633 485533 or by emailing email@example.com